This Mankind the Story of All of Us (2012) Iron Men (E02) Documentary Movie Guide challenges students to analyze and digest historical concepts. Ask students to explore the iron age and iron how to influenced the spread of ideas and culture throughout the western and eastern worlds. Encourage students to reflect on how the Phoenician alphabet improved upon earlier alphabets and the differences in how our leaders today are buried compared to China's first emperor Shi Huang Di.
- The time stamps on this movie guide match up with the DVD version of these episodes, however if you have a different version of the film short descriptions of where to stop the film for each question are included.
- Many of these episodes can currently be found on YouTube, however, I do not own any of these YouTube channels and they may or may not be available in the future.
Check the preview file for high resolution sample questions to see if this movie guide is suitable for your students. This resource consists of 7 high-level, short answer reflection and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
This product includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF printer friendly version (3 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (3 pages)
- An answer key (3 pages) IS included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters' dialogue and behavior.
- A generic movie guide permission slip (1 page)
General Tips for Using this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 30 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Digital Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
Check out all movie guides below, by category, in alphabetical order: