This assignment is to be used with "Google My Maps" on Google Drive. Students will map their lives or their neighborhoods by finding specific places and placing markers with titles and descriptions.
This assignment includes:
- 4 different map options for students to choose from
- Directions to create the map (with room for students to explore the "Google My Maps" program)
- Directions for a 2 paragraph writing assignment to go with the map
- Directions for a Class Map
- Rubric to grade individual map, writing assignment, and class map
The "Class Map" portion of the assignment will allow your entire class to collaborate to mark places on a map of your school's city or neighborhood. You will need to create a separate map for this and share it with your students so that they can edit the map.
This is a great introduction to maps assignment, first few weeks of school assignment, or even a mini-project to engage students in their mapping skills.