Map Skills activity. Learning about Map Skills is FUN! Get ready to have your students hone in on those map skills as they complete this All About Maps Flip-Flap Book®!
Included in this unit is:
* 1 M-A-P-S Flip Flap Book® - The students will have the opportunity to demonstrate what they have learned about maps, build, and create maps as well!
- think about WHERE they live on a map and complete a fill-in called Me on the Map. They will write their street, town/city, state, country, and continent.
- label the 7 continents and 5 oceans on a world map and create a map key
Two PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENTS included:
- BUILD-a-Map - the students will build a map where they will use the map key pictures to build a map of School Town by following Cardinal Directions on a direction sheet
- CREATE-a-Map - the students will DESIGN their own map of a farm, playground, or a place of their choice. They must create 8 objects/places for the map key, design and draw their map, and create 8 sentences about their map using cardinal directions (north, south, east, west, northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest).
I hope you enjoy this unit!
Please Note: This unit requires 8 1/2 x 11 AND 8 1/2 x 14 (legal size) photocopy paper. In order to print this unit, you will need BOTH SIZES OF PAPER!
Try something NEW, DIFFERENT, and FRESH with your students. You can be sure they will have a blast showing their knowledge in a fun and interactive way!
CHECK OUT MY OTHER SCIENCE FLIP-FLAP BOOKS®:
The Moon and Space Flip-Flap Books®
The Butterfly Flip-Flap Book® – An Expository Writing Resource
Plants Flip-Flap Book® – An Expository Writing Resource
Dinosaur Flip-Flap Book® – An Expository Writing Resource
Frogs Flip-Flap Book® – An Expository Writing Resource
Sealife Flip-Flap Book® – An Expository Writing Resource
VIDEO TUTORIAL: Click here to WATCH a Flip Flap Book Video Tutorial
Flip Flap Book® Video Tutorial
Thank you for your interest in my product. If you purchase it, I would be grateful if you could leave feedback on my unit.
(keywords: Map Skills, cardinal directions, performance assessment, maps, geography, me on the map )