This is a foldable that can be used to support map skills with students in primary grade levels. Students can use the outside flaps as a visual tool to help reinforce their understanding of cardinal directions. An easy-to-interpret neighborhood map is provided on the inside for students to analyze. Space is provided for students to record their observations.
Outside flaps list (with arrows) the cardinal directions.
Three inside flap versions are provided:
- Lined flaps for students to write their own sentences.
- Sentence stems to help students acquire the vocabulary (north, east, south, west).
- Challenge page where hints are provided and students must design a map based off of these sentences.
- Two versions (male and female) requesting help to find a missing person/animal/thing. This can be used with another map or the one provided in the foldable. Students will trace the missing person's steps through the use of cardinal directions.
- How-To writing using first, next, and finally.
Thank you for browsing! :)