Also included in
- An additional product containing map worksheets will be added soon!This product currently includes six map skills lessons for active learning. I am working on a Circular Review Game and a Question the Class activity to add to this product.See all of the products here:Map Skills Scavenger HuntMap Ski$14.00$20.85Save $6.85
This product is ready for distance learning. Check out the TpT Digital Activity button. I have already created a student-friendly digital activity with directions and answer boxes that can be used through Google Classroom.
Free bonus activity! See below
This 20 question scavenger hunt reviews and practices map skills,
vocabulary, and terms. (2 cards have been added for use by Canadian teachers.)
This Product Includes:
• cover card for organizing and storing scavenger hunt
• 20 colorful cards providing practice with map skills vocabulary and using maps
• alternate cards have been added using a map of Canada for cards 13 and 14, instead of a map of the United States.
• 20 b/w cards
• crossword puzzle (2 formats for differentiation with and w/o word bank)
• fun bio-glyph to practice directions and compass rose
• answer keys
Directions for Use
1. Print the Map Skills Scavenger Hunt cards on card stock then cut apart. Laminate for durability of desired.
2. Make copies of the Map Skills Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet or a crossword puzzle activity for each student.
3. Place the Map Skills Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
More about this Product
→ With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during reading groups or social studies centers. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
FREE BOOM CARDS NOW INCLUDED!
This product features 16 digital task cards.
Each of 8 terms (map, globe, compass rose, scale, equator, hemisphere, latitude, and longitude) is practiced twice. Eight cards are drag and drop with an unscramble the term activity and 8 cards are fill in the blank.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
You May Also Like:
Map Skills Bundle This contains 6 map skills products for a reduced price
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥