This 20 question scavenger hunt reviews and practices map skills,
vocabulary, and terms. (2 cards have been added for use by Canadian teachers.)
This Product Includes:
• 20 colorful cards providing practice with map skills vocabulary and using maps
• alternate cards have been added using a map of Canada for cards 13 and 14, instead of a map of the United States.
• an answer key
• a bio-glyph to practice directions and compass rose
• a bonus 6 page Map Skills Foldable
Directions for Use
1. Print the Map Skills Scavenger Hunt cards on card stock or brightly-colored paper and cut them apart along the dotted lines.
2. Make copies of the Map Skills Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet (2-sided). Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Map Skills Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
→ With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during reading groups. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
You May Also Like:
Map Skills Foldable
The foldable can be purchased separately.
Using Map Skills Scavenger Hunt
Map Skills Activity Pack
This contains 4 map skills activities for a reduced price.
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥