The objective of this assignment is for students to focus on the importance of setting and help create a mental image of Maycomb in Harper Lee’s novel, To Kill a Mockingbird. Their goal is to collect as many referenced setting details as possible from the first three chapters of the book in order to create a map of Maycomb.
This bundle includes the following:
- Instructions for the Mapping Maycomb assignment
- Grading criteria for the assignment
- The setting references handout for students to complete
- A key for the setting references handout
- Samples of the assignment