Looking for an ENTIRE mapping unit! This product may be just what you need in your classroom! Recommended for grades, 3, 4, and 5 but may also be adapted for use in grade 2.
This low-prep *zip file* unit has all you need to teach mapping skills to your students and includes:
- Day-by-day suggested objectives and activities for no-prep lesson planning!
- Color mapping skill posters for focus wall
- "Me on the Map" activity with two options
- Interactive notebook components
- Differentiated mapping activities
- Engaging activities that can also be used as formative assessments
- Problem-Based Learning activity with rubric
- Editable Mapping Skills Assessment
This unit teaches the following mapping concepts and skills:
- Compass rose and cardinal directions
- The four hemispheres
- Equator and Prime Meridian
- Latitude and longitude
- Reading latitude and longitude on a map
- Parts of a map (title, compass rose, map key/legend, scale, symbols)
- Using a map for directions
- Reading and analyzing a map
- Creating a map
Easel activities and assessments are also included so you can use with students virtually or on computers in the classroom as well!
Take a look at the preview for more!