Maps and Globes – A Third Grade SMARTboard Introduction is a 3rd grade level SmartBoard instructional presentation.
This lesson focuses Maps and Globes. The lesson includes:
• Terminology (hemisphere, Equator, Prime Meridian, region, and grid).
• Explanation of hemispheres and, Equator, and Prime Meridian.
• Review of the 7 continents and 5 oceans.
• Basic map explanation and introduction to reading grids.
• Graphical representation of continent sizes.
Also included are 2 SMARTboard activities that are also available in PDF form for individual work/assignment.
• Students will be able to identify the location of the 7 continents, 5 oceans, Prime Meridian, and Equator.
• Map and globe terminology/picture grouping activity