Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
29.49 MB | 128 pages
**PLEASE READ ENTIRE DESCRIPTION BEFORE PURCHASING! THANK YOU!**
I am a big believer in the importance of daily review of critical early math skills. You can see a HUGE difference in math skills between students who engage in calendar math every day and those who do not.
This product contains a ZIP file containing four items:
* March Calendar Math PowerPoint for use WITH any interactive white board (32 slides)
* PDF Manual of Directions for using with an interactive white board (32 pages)
* March Calendar Math PowerPoint for use WITHOUT an interactive white board (32 slides)
* PDF Manual of Directions for using without an interactive white board (32 pages)
(*which is why the total number of pages in the description comes to 128)
The reason this can be used with any interactive white board OR without is that these files do not reply on any specific interactive white board software. ALL you need is Microsoft PowerPoint.
If using this WITH an interactive white board, simply open the appropriate file, read and follow the directions, and use with your interactive board tools.
If using this WITHOUT an interactive white board (but WITH a projector), open the file on your computer, read and follow the directions, and students will come to your computer to work with the calendar.
**If you are a homeschooler without a projector, you can open this on your laptop or computer in PowerPoint and use it in a homeschool or one-on-one setting.
The calendar itself consists of 26 slides that review important math skills essential for building math fluency and establishing good classroom management. You can omit any slides you want to. The slides include:
1. Morning Message/DOL
2. Classroom Rule review
3. School-wide Expectations review
4. March monthly song (lyrics, no music)
5. March monthly calendar
6. What's the date?
7. Days in School
8. Building Numbers (base ten blocks)
8. Odd and Even song (lyrics, no music)
9. Odd and Even (with the day of the month)
10. Pattern of the Day
11. What time is it?
12. What's the weather?
13. Comparing Numbers
14. Fact Families
15. Money (includes U.S. coins and directions on how to use other currency if needed)
16. U.S. coin poems
17. More and Less (identifying 1 and 10 more and 1 and 10 less
18. Skip Counting (by whatever amount you choose)
19. Add it Up (adding with dice)
20. Add it Up (adding with ten frames)
21. Subtract It
23. Super Problem (introducing adding multi-digit numbers)
24. Class Birthday Graph
25. Class Lost Tooth Graph
*Plus there is an empty slide in the monthly theme colors so you can add your own questions/tasks.
You may (or may not) know that when running a PowerPoint file in slide show mode, you cannot drag object around on the page which is necessary on some of these slides. This is why I provide detailed instructions on how to use these calendars while NOT running this in slide show mode.
I have put a lot of effort into writing the directions so PLEASE take the time to read them!
If you are a whiz with technology and PowerPoint, you'll likely find using these calendars a breeze.
If you are a teacher that is unfamiliar with PowerPoint and not comfortable with technology BUT you have a desire to learn and to give your students opportunities to engage with technology then the directions included should help you achieve that goal. You may find some things tricky, but I promise if you keep trying and don't give up you CAN use these calendars successfully! The more you interact with them, the easier it will all become. (Not trying to scare any one off, but I do want to be realistic in saying that if you are not familiar with PowerPoint you may have to work a little harder at mastering use of these calendars than someone who has been using PowerPoint extensively for years.)
If you already own my SmartBoard Calendar Math files or bundle, you do not need to purchase this. This is primarily for people who do NOT have a SMARTBoard by SmartTechnologies.
If you have read this far, bless you for following directions! You get a gold star!