These Daily Review PowerPoints are one of my FAVORITE teaching tools in my classroom!! As a part of my circle time/morning meeting/calendar time, I can quickly review important knowledge and skills every morning. This part of my daily routine takes between 5 and 10 minutes, and my kiddos are actively engaged in this important practice. I can even leave these presentations with a substitute teacher (and believe me, if I don't, my kiddos always remind me!!)
This set includes 5 different PowerPoint presentations to use in the month of March (one for each day of the week!!) Every Monday in March, I use the Monday presentation; on Tuesdays, I use the Tuesday presentation, and so on... this gives students the daily practice, without the activity becoming stale.
For the month of March, the following skills are included:
* Naming 3-d shapes (cone, cube, sphere, pyramid, cylinder, and rectangular prism)
* Naming uppercase and lowercase letters fluently (2 slides with 5 or 6 uppercase letters; 2 slides with 5 or 6 lowercase letters)
* Listening for digraphs (ch, sh, th, wh) at the beginning of words
* Reading cvc words Review (all 5 short vowels are included; these are words that were included in January and February)
* Using a known word family word (picture support provided) to read a new word (short vowel word families) (If I can read... then I can read)
* Reading sight words (help jump make where what with say came ran as)
* Subtraction (up to 5) with pictures
* Addition fluency (sums to 5)
* Making ten (with picture support)
Because different schools teach letters and sight words in a different order, I have also included a separate presentation with all letters of the alphabet (both in a regular font and in a picture-filled clip art) and a blank slide for sight words. This will allow you add letters and change the sight words to fit your curriculum, if needed.
Also, if your students have mastered a certain skill, you can simply delete those slides... if your students are ready for new concepts, you can copy those slides from future months and include them in your presentations for this month. Lots of flexibility with these!!
If you would like these sets for other months, please click on the month below.
I hope you enjoy using the PowerPoints in your classroom; if you have any questions, please let me know!!
Thanks for looking and happy teaching!