Updated!!! Incorporate some fun Basketball learning activities to coincide with the NCAA Basketball tournament plus some great Leprechaun Learning fun! Check out the preview!
This March Basketball and Leprechaun learning resource includes:
* How Many Points? Students practice counting by 2’s, 5's or any amount
you choose (its editable!)
* Basketball Mini Writing Prompt Book (Copy pages back to back)
* Pretend to be a Sports Announcer and write a play by play for a basketball game!
* Create a mini basketball court
* Game Time! Have Students work in pairs to record their basketball shots. The first board has 4 quarters and the second is easier with just first and second half.
* Create your own Basketball Word Search. Students put the basketball vocabulary words into their boards, then fill in the rest of the spaces with random letters. They switch with a friend to solve. They can highlight the words they find.
* Basketball Vocab Snapshots- Students read the sentences and illustrate.
* What makes a good basketball sport? A great discussion.
* Concession Stand- Have students create their own concession stand or use the one provided to practice taking orders, and counting money! Two counting coins (dimes, nickels, pennies) printables included too.
* Fan Finger Pointers. We decorate, cut them out, and tape to popsicle sticks. I copied ours on colored paper. They make fun word trackers while reading words!
* “How Much is your Pot O’ Gold? Game. Students work in pairs to roll the coin dice and write down amounts. After 5 rolls they add up their coins (dimes, nickels, pennies) and the winner is the students with the most money. Students can tape the fake money to the dice as well, or collect the fake coins as they play to practice count.
* Three Ways to Count Coins Printables. Pages 29-30 are editable, just click and change the numbers.
* Rainbow Words Printable
* Leprechaun Race. This game is editable!! Customize with words, math facts or both! Have students work together to roll dice and read words or solve the math facts to reach the pot of gold!
* Leprechaun Directed Drawing, Short Read about Leprechauns, and Shamrocks Wishes. (copy the shamrocks back to back and students can fill out both sides!)
Please follow me by clicking on the green star at Children Heart Books
Thank you! Kara