*****UPDATED for 2017*****
Your class works as a team to reach a reading goal by the end of the month of March. Complete with bonus point tickets, awards, and Hall of Fame this activity is a sure way to get your students to read at home each night!!!
Included in this product:
1. Detailed direction pages
2. A letter to students about activity
3. A rules sheet for students to sign and keep
4. A recording sheet that parents will sign
5. Printable scoreboards to keep track of progress in class
6. Time Out Tickets that act as a free day
7. Bonus point tickets
8. Individual student awards
9. Hall of Fame for students who read each day during March
This activity can be completed as part of a reading at home program, separate from a reading at home product, or along with a reading at home program.
My students LOVE this activity. It is a great way to encourage reading at home. The optional bonus tickets help motivate student learning in the classroom and support those students who may not get reading support at home.
Other March Madness Products Created by Kelly's Kraft:
1) March Madness Suffixes: A great activity to help students with doubling consonants before adding suffixes to words.
2) March Madness Fraction Challenge: A quick worksheet for practice or assessment over fractions (writing and partitioning basketball circles and number lines).
3) March Madness Basketball Rounding (FREE): A rounding activity that requires students to round to the nearest 10's and 100's.