March Madness Writing Activities for middle school and high school students.
Engage reluctant readers and writers with 30 March Madness Literacy Activities!
Enjoy 30 NO PREP March Madness Writing Prompts
- 10 informational writing prompts
- 10 persuasive writing prompts
- 10 narrative writing prompts
These march madness middle school activities or high school activities offer CCSS-aligned writing practice (creative, expository, opinion writing) based on anchor standards for writing and are perfect for ANY age/grade.
All 30 writing prompt task cards include:
- a unique writing prompt (for paragraphs or essays)
- a 5 point writing checklist
- a 1/2 brainstorming section for planning
- a 1/2 lined page for students to write a final draft
Zip file includes:
- 30 writing prompt handouts: brainstorm guide, final draft, 5pt writing checklist (PDF)
- 30 PowerPoint slides for all writing prompts and 5pt writing checklist (PPT)
Simply grade out of 5 points using the student-friendly 5pt writing checklist!!
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE NCAA, NBA OR MARCH MADNESS; IT IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
You may also like :)
March Madness Reading Response Bundle
March Madness Research Essays
March Madness TV-Viewing = Reading Skill ELA Test Prep
Super Bowl Reading Passages
Super Bowl Research Project
Winter Olympics Reading Passages
Winter Olympics TV-viewing ELA Activities
Winter Olympics Writing Prompts
Winter Olympics Research Project
Sports & Video-Game homework bundle
Sports & Video-Game themed activities for ANY text
Sports & Hip Hop Reading Bundle
ELA Print and Go Lesson Plans
ELA Task Cards
Culturally Relevant ELA Lessons
Emotional Intelligence SEL Curriculum
Social Justice & Global Citizenship Curriculum
Poetry Lessons & Units
Writing & Grammar Units
Holiday Print and Go Lesson Plans
Social Studies Lessons & Units
ELA Rubrics and Assessments
Differentiation & SpEd Professional Development