This UPDATED March Poetry Pack contains 4 poems with daily extension activities and easy to use DAILY SHARED READING PLANS for Kindergarten and 1st grade that are Common Core Aligned – just print and slip right into your lesson plan book! The extension activities are great for your poetry center, can be done as a whole group, or independently. I have included several extra March related printables and activities as well. The “Reading is worth more than gold!” craftivity is a perfect display for the whole month!
My poems are always simple, rhythmic, and fun for students. A sample of the Shared Reading plans are included in the preview file if you would like to check them out. You will see how easy it is to fit in a little poetry every day!
For an entire year of poetry, check out my ULTIMATE Poetry Pack!
Link-The ULTIMATE Poetry Pack
In this pack, you will receive:
• Daily Shared Reading Plans for Kindergarten and 1st grade.
• 1 March Craftivity/Bulletin Board Display – “Reading is worth more than gold!”
• 4 Original Poems (color & b/w)
- Signs of Spring
- Brown Bear
- St. Patrick’s Day
• 4 Sequence the Poem Cut/Paste printables
• 4 Illustration Activities
• 4 Poem searches
• 2 Word Searches (Spring & St. Patrick’s Day)
• Universal poetry word study printable (included in previous packs)
• 4 Writing Prompt Response Pages
• 4 Reading Skills Worksheets
- Shamrock Sentences – capitalization & punctuation
- St. Paddy’s Day Digraphs – sh & ch
- End-of-Winter Endings – ed & ing inflectional endings
- Sounds of Spring – long vowel sounds
I know you will find this poetry unit easy and fun to implement in your classroom. Happy Spring! Enjoy!
*Backgrounds and Borders