March Shamrock Literacy & Math Unit contains 6 activities for students to complete. Each activity contains cards and response sheets.
1. Contraction Match - Students match contractions with the words that make the contraction. They write the contraction equations on the response sheet.
2. Shamrock Syllable Sort- Students sort words based on the number of syllables they have (1, 2, or 3.) Students write the results on the response sheet.
3. Long Vowel Sort- Students sort words by the long vowel sound. Words include vowel digraphs.
1. Keeping Time- Students choose a clock card and write the corresponding digital time on the recording sheet. Times are in half hour and quarter hour increments.
2. Shamrock Sums- Students pick an equation card and determine the sum (15, 20, 25). Students write the equation int eh correct sum box on the response sheet.
3. Ordering Numbers- Students choose a card and order the numbers from least to greatest. To differentiate, have students who are struggling only find the least/smallest or greatest/largest number.
March Shamrock is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License