Holiday activities - St. Patrick's Day and Read Across America
These March Tab-Its™ are just the ticket! They allow teachers to acknowledge each of the March holidays and events without taking too much time out of your day!
ONE OF THESE RESOURCES IS PART OF MY HOLIDAYS THROUGH THE YEAR BUNDLE!!!! Do NOT BUY this if you already OWN this bundle.
Holidays Through the Year BUNDLE
As teachers, we have A LOT of curriculum to cover in a short amount of time, yet we still want our kiddos to have FUN and learn about the different holidays and seasonal events throughout the school year!
These March Holiday Tab-Its can be used whole group after you read a mentor text on the specific holiday, they can be used at your Work on Writing Station or Center, and/or they can be used during your Guided Reading group time.
This resource includes 3 March Tab-Its for these holidays/Events:
* All About St. Patrick's Day
(This is a non-fiction CLOSE READING Tab-its Resource - This passage is also part of my Spring Read-Its resource.)
* do a Close Reading about St. Patrick's Day
* focus on level 3 vocabulary from the text using context clues
* go back into the text to find important information on the topic
* write 2 facts they learned
* create one question that can be answered from the text
* analyze the text by answering higher level questions
* It's St. Patrick's Day
* write what St. Patrick's Day is
* complete a word find with words related to the holiday/month
* summarize a fictional story that was read independently or whole group
* creative writing piece on If I Found a Four Leaf Clover...
* complete making words activity using the word leprechaun and writing the words on pots of gold
* Let's Get Ready To READ
This is perfect for Read Across America Day!
* what is your favorite book and why...then illustrate
* write is your favorite non-fiction book and why...then illustrate
* who is your favorite fictional character and why
* write three character traits the character possesses and draw a picture of the character
* I'm a Reader page - the children will read books over a period of time in the specific place the book cut-out tells them to read. Every time they read a book, they add the book cut-out to their page. Each book equals 20 minutes of reading. (ex. Read under a blanket with a flashlight, Read to your stuffed animal, Record yourself reading and listen back, etc...)
These Tab-Its fit perfectly into a spiral bound or black and white composition notebook! Try something NEW, INTERACTIVE, and FUN during the March holidays this month. BEST PART.. they will only take a little time to finish!