March Writing Journal Prompts
*** Canadian and American spelling included ***
Please note: This writing packet is included in my Writing Journal Prompts BUNDLE.
Do not purchase this resource if you already own the bundle!
About this book:
This book contains a collection of journal prompts for the month of March. The simple prompts are ideal for beginning and struggling writers in Kindergarten, Grade 1 and Grade 2.
Cover page (page 5)
Draw and label (pages 6-8)
- Girl watering plants
- Leprechaun sliding down rainbow
- Parts of a book
List writing (pages 9-11)
- Things you can do on a windy day
- Things that are green
- Books I really like
How to / procedural writing (pages 12-17)
- How To Fly a Kite (with and without pictures)
- How To Catch/Trap a Leprechaun (without pictures)
- How To Read a Book (with and without pictures)
Writing prompts with pictures (pages 18-27)
- The weather in spring
- I know spring is here when
- I see rain on the
- On a rainy day
- Rainbows are
- Some green things
- A leprechaun has
- Some St. Patrick’s Day symbols
- I like to read
- Some places you can read
Opinion writing with pictured choices (pages 28-30)
- On a windy day, I would rather (fly a kite or blow bubbles) because...
- I like a (3-leaf clover or 4-leaf clover) best because...
- I prefer to read fiction books or non-fiction books) because...
Opinion writing II (pages 30-33)
- The best thing about spring is... because
- For breakfast on St. Patrick’s Day, I would like to eat... because
- The best place to read a book is... because
Narrative writing (pages 32-37)
- Describing spring (sentence writing)
- Write a sentence to match the picture (girl feeding ducks and ducklings)
- Write a story to match the picture (boy reading a book in bed)
- Write a story to match the picture (leprechaun in pot of gold)
Narrative writing II (pages 38-42)
- If I were a kite on a windy day
- It rained so much that
- If I found a pot of gold
- At the end of the rainbow I might find
- I opened my book and started to read when all of a sudden the character jumped off the page and
Acrostic poem (page 43)
Letter writing to my favorite author (page 44)
Additional page with handwriting lines (pages 45)
Happy Teaching :)
Please click here to view
all my Writing Journal Prompts.
Follow me on Facebook for exclusive freebies and giveaways!Follow me on PinterestVisit my blog