This Mardi Gras unit is a perfect supplement to your Social Studies curriculum.
Included in this unit are the following:
- Mardi Gras Old Maid/ Memory game (just leave the Old Maid baby card out and it doubles as a memory game)
- Mini Mardi Gras booklet for students with 8 pages that covers the history of the holiday and mandy of the traditions and symbols (would be better for 3rd-5th graders)
- 7 double-sided flip-up flaps with a topic on one side and three comprehension questions on the other side (these flaps are meant to be used with the Mini booklet)
- 8 "Finding Proof" Worksheets that cover all of the same topics as the ones in the Mini booklet, but ask students to go back and color their proof from the text (would be better for 2nd or 3rd graders)
- 7 pages of the Mardi Gras text with one topic per page (perfect for close reads or small groups)
- extra Mardi Gras worksheets including abc order, word search and others
Some of the skills reviewed in this unit are:
- abc order
- finding text based evidence
- creative thinking
- fine motor skills
This unit includes the same material in three different formats, making it appropriate for students in 2nd-5th grade.
Check out some of my other products:
Magic Tree House Bundle
Winter Word Problems
Money Madness Unit
Download a preview today!
Thanks for the purchase and please leave me feedback and constructive criticism so I make this product even better!
Meghan @ Creating and Learning