Use this activity to foster critical thinking
and creative thinking
in your students...and help them get to know Mark Twain
This 5-page printable
activity . . .
• First, students read of the fame that MARK TWAIN
has achieved not only from his books and short stories, but also from selected quotations from them.
• Next, they read a selection of almost 50
of his famous quotes. The quotes have a word or phrase omitted from them, and students determine how they would complete the quote
• Finally, they compare their witticisms
with those of MARK TWAIN
Put all thine eggs in one basket—and ________________ that basket.
Answer: Put all thine eggs in one basket—and watch that basket.
Also included is an answer key.
This classroom-tested activity is suitable for middle school, high school classes, and college classes. Created by Susan Thurman.
To learn about new Class Act products, discounts, and freebies, just follow me. Find my picture at the top right of any page in my store. To the right of the picture is a star with “Follow Me” beside it. Click on the star, and I’ll send you customized updates about this store.
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for items you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the product, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
Here are other Class Act Press products you and your students might enjoy:
• FREEBIE!!! An Idiom by Any Other Name
• On Second Thought: Looking at Phrases That Use "Second"
• Tips of the Slung: A Humorous Look at Spoonerisms
• Amusing Adverbs: Fun with Tom Swifties