This complete unit plan bundles together my seven full lesson plans on market structure, and it comes with the accompanying unit materials, too. The unit focuses on the four different market structures: perfect competition, monopoly, oligopoly, and monopolistic competition. The lesson plans analyze the characteristics of each one, along with the necessary cost, revenue, and profit information. By understanding the costs, pricing, output, and other decisions faced by firms, the variations of each market structure are clearly illustrated.
SEVEN COMPLETE LESSON PLANS:
1) Perfect Competition
2) Business Costs
3) Revenue and Profit
4) The Basics of Monopoly
5) The Logic of Monopoly
7) Monopolistic Competition
EACH LESSON PLAN INCLUDES:
1) Warm Up -- interactive activity to engage student attention.
2) PowerPoint Presentation -- contains the lecture and guides you through the activities.
3) Note Sheet -- students fill out this note sheet during the lecture.
4) Class Activity -- printable activities that allow students to explore the new learning.
5) Homework -- extension questions from the day’s lesson.
6) Teacher Materials -- detailed lesson plan, answer keys, and a “Read Me” document explaining how to use the materials included.
1) Unit Project -- students compute cost, revenue, and profit data for a real world situation.
2) Unit Test -- three versions with varying degrees of difficulty.
3) Answer Keys -- for the unit test and a sample completed unit project.
4) Grade Sheet -- also includes a rubric for the unit project.
5) Review Sheet -- students can complete this to help them study for the unit test.
6) Unit Plan -- an extensive outline of teacher necessities: unit overview, national standards, learning targets, essential questions, formative assessments, summative assessments, differentiation plan, and a unit outline.
Market Structure Unit Plan - Includes Seven Full Lesson Plans
by Nick Samsal
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License