Have you tried Project-Based Learning in your classroom? It's completely changed the way I teach, and the level of engagement from my students is amazing!
This packet includes everything you need to put on a real market at school with your students. As part of this Project-Based Learning task, your students will learn how to:
- Design a business plan
- Develop a product
- Write a budget
- Apply for a loan
- Create advertising
- Host a market
- Give charitably
All activities are tied to California Social Studies Standards and Common Core Math and ELA standards for first and second grade. Each activity includes a sample page that you can print and display in minutes as an example of each step.
Included in this packet, you will find:
* Tips and Tricks for Project-Based Learning
* A Lesson Pacing Guide
* An Essential Question
* Problem and Solution Chart Headers
* A Portfolio Cover
* 14 Economics Vocabulary Cards
* 1 Vocabulary Booklet
* 1 Initial Product Design Page
* 1 Logo Design Page
* 1 Business Model Builder Page
* 1 Business Accounting Page
* 1 Loan Application
* Blank ID Cards
* Blank "Checks"
* 1 Purchase Request Form
* 1 Project Reflection Page
* 5 Editable PowerPoint Presentations to build background knowledge about business, loans, finances, and donations
To read more about this project and Project-Based Learning in the primary classroom, you can visit my blog at www.lindseyviducich.com.