Mars Odyssey Debate
This resource provides 21 high quality pages necessary for conducting an in-class debate over the pending “Mars Odyssey”. The questions are aligned with the TEKS Next Generation Science Standards and the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills concerning space travel and technology. The printable sheets use student friendly vocabulary to guide the formation of strong arguments for or against the “Mars Odyssey”.
How Can the “Mars Odyssey Debate Activity” be used in the classroom?
The purpose of this activity is guide students in the use of their research and to gain the knowledge necessary for understanding the “Mars Odyssey”. Completion of this activity will an extension for the knowledge gained from participating in the “Mars Research Activity”, “Mars Odyssey Differentiated Project” and the “Mars Project Bundle” also found in my store.
Who is the “Mars Odyssey Debate” intended for?
This product is intended for use with General Education and or/ Pre-Advanced Placement middle school Science students (grades 6 -8) but can be utilized with any developmentally appropriate age group.
Why is the “Mars Debate Activity” helpful?
This debate allows for the students to use their research and structure sound argument for and against the upcoming “Mars Odyssey”. This will engage students and tie their in class learning to a real word event.
Are there black/white options available?
This printable product is primarily black & white.
2. Cover Page
3. Cover Page Black Line
4. Table of Contents (Color)
5. Table of Contents (Black Line)
6. Directions (Prep)
7. Direction (Day of Debate)
8. Affirmative & Negative Strips
9. Affirmative & Negative Brainstorm Sheet
10. Affirmative Opening Statement
11. Affirmative 1st Specific Point
12. Affirmative 2nd Specific Point
13. Affirmative 3rd Specific Point
14. Affirmative Rebuttal to Negative
15. Affirmative Closing Argument
16. Negative Opening Statement
17. Negative 1st Specific Point
18. Negative 2nd Specific Point
19. Negative 3rd Specific Point
20. Negative Rebuttal to Affirmative
21. Negative Closing Argument
Please Check Out My “Mars Research Questions” and the “Mars Differentiated Project”.
TIPS*Please follow my store so that you can be the first to purchase my upcoming products.
Follow my blog at https://secondaryscientist.blogspot.com
If you enjoy this product, please give me a positive rating to receive credits for purchasing future products.
If you have questions or problems, please contact me first! My email is firstname.lastname@example.org