Students will research, design and construct a settlement for Mars that includes designing a 2D spacecraft, choosing the colonists, and building a 3D model of their colony.
The package includes:
1. Unit title page
2. Two pages of teacher notes
3. Student title page
4. Earth and Mars comparison worksheet
5. Writing page for information gathered during research
6. Myths, Martians and misconceptions surrounding Mars worksheet
7. Research what has been accomplished so far by various organizations (chart)
8. Brainstorming the colony worksheet
9. Student brainstorming sharing chart (students look at each other’s ideas for inspiration)
10. Travelling to Mars (spacecraft design art assignment)
11. Create an advertisement to entice colonists to join the settlement team
12. Question worksheet asking the students’ personal view on settling Mars
13. Construct a 3D model of the Mars colony (included is an assignment outline, colony planning page, two page colony checklist to be completed during construction, 3D colony model reflection worksheet upon completion of the project)
14. Uniting the colony assignment (students create a flag, coat of arms, etc. to bring the new colony together)
Please note: Research notes are not included in the package as the science and knowledge surrounding Mars is continually growing and evolving. Students will require access to the internet and materials (determined by the teacher) to complete the construction of the colony.
Thanks for stopping by my store! I appreciate your support and welcome any feedback.
All artwork by Patricia Watson.
© Patricia Watson 2015
Copyright © Patricia Watson. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clip art and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.