This 9 page interactive adapted book helps students learn about Martin Luther King Jr. through WH questions. Each reading passage includes 1-2 sentences of informational text and a corresponding WH question to check reading comprehension. Students choose the correct answer from a field of 3 cards with both words and a visual cue. This is a perfect Black History Month activity for your special education classroom.
Example passages and WH questions:
• Martin Luther King Jr. was a famous African American leader in the civil rights movement. [Who was Martin Luther King Jr.?]
• Some people were not sharing so Martin Luther King Jr. led a bus boycott. He told everyone don't ride the bus. [What did Martin Luther King Jr. tell people?]
This is not a comprehensive review of MLK Jr.'s life or the civil rights movement but rather a few key pieces are highlighted for a special education class. The text is very basic so students can focus on the important pieces. Please check out the preview - it contains the entire book so you can determine whether it is appropriate for your students.
This product also includes four differentiated worksheets that add an optional writing component.
1) Circle the picture
2) Circle the word
3) Answer the question
4) Trace the answer
Includes directions for creating the book, set up, instruction and modifications. While designed for students with autism in mind, this book can be used in any special education classroom.
This adapted book is part of my Black History BUNDLE
. Save 20% off the price of purchasing these books individually!
Black History bundle also includes:
• Famous African Americans
• Barack Obama
• Harriet Tubman
Some other adapted books you will love
• Groundhog Day Adapted Book
• George Washington Adapted Book
• Abraham Lincoln Adapted Book
Thanks for stopping by!