There are two activities in this pack to introduce your students to Martin Luther King, Jr. or to supplement your unit on African American studies or Black History Month. They can be used consecutively or independently. The questions about MLK included on the viewing guide are more open-ended, broad questions that allow students to watch and digest the info from the film and note what they remember or infer to be significant about MLK.
- Links to several video options if you don't have one you already prefer (one free with Amazon prime, others to DVD purchase)
- Video viewing guide with stunning graphics. The viewing guide is written generally enough so that it can be used with any biography over Martin Luther King. They do require students view the documentary - read a biography or search online - in order to answer the questions, but the questions are not “nitpicky” questions that require students to scavenger hunt through the documentary writing down something at every frame. I like for students to watch and be on their toes, but also enjoy watching as well. Answers are provided.
- In his Words: Quotations of MLK Analysis and Figurative Language Exercise. In this activity, students identify figurative language and interpret quotations from MLK. Answers are provided.
- Super Simple Sub Sheet
- NEW: Link to Google drive worksheets
- NO Prep design so you can Just Press Play!
See more easy to use and unique resources for Martin Luther King Day and Black History Month!
Martin Luther King and Atticus Finch Argumentative Speeches Analysis
Martin Luther King Nonfiction Lesson
Olaudah Equiano Teaching Pack
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings Unit Plan
Maya Angelou Documentary Viewing Guide
Add to your Just Press Play collection with these other great titles!
The Great Gatsby
Ransom of Red Chief
Their Eyes Were Watching God
The Hunger Games
Mark Twain Biography
Salem Witch Trials Documentary
A Christmas Carol
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches.
Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to FOLLOW ME
. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store.
For more ideas and inspiration:
Faulkner's Fast Five Blog
Julie's Classroom Stories on Facebook
Teaching Tidbits Newsletter with Email-Only Freebies