Martin Luther King Biography Reading Passage Activity Booklet PRINT and DIGITAL
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- This bundle of biography activity books covers the lives of 8 famous Black Americans who changed history forever. BioBooks include: Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglass, Sojourner Truth, George Washington Carver, Thurgood Marshall, Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Jr., and Ruby Bridges. Each BioBook incPrice $14.70Original Price $24.50Save $9.80
Yay! You found BioBooks! I have a growing collection of these biography resources. Check out the full collection of BioBooks here!
This BioBook provides a short biography of civil rights activist Martin Luther King Jr.'s life in language that is easy for students to understand. Students read the passage, respond to questions, and complete activities to demonstrate their comprehension. This BioBook includes:
- A reading passage about the life of civil rights activist Martin Luther King Jr. that details his early life, career as a Baptist minister, involvement in peaceful protests like boycotts, marches, and sit-ins to gain civil rights and equality for Black people, famous "I Have a Dream" speech, assassination, and more.
- 5 multiple choice questions
- 5 short answer questions
- A timeline sorting activity
- 3 long answer writing prompts
- A crossword puzzle
All in a convenient and compact booklet you only need 2 sheets of paper to print! Perfect for Black History Month!
In addition to the full length BioBook described above, this download also includes:
- A mini BioBook with just the reading passage and 5 multiple choice questions
- A force copy link to a digital Google Slides version
- An answer key that can be used for all 3 included versions of the assignment
- Teacher directions
Please follow my store here for more great resources!
You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, and lafountaineofknowledge.com where you'll discover ideas, inspiration, and plenty of freebies! Or join my email list to get my monthly newsletter with exclusive FREE resources you can't get anywhere else!
Want free money to spend on Teachers Pay Teachers? Rate this product to earn some TpT credit! Leaving feedback helps us both out and takes less than a minute! Your support makes it possible for me to continue making and sharing great resources! Thank you!
Credits: The cover background is by , clipart by , and other graphics by and . The border was created by Shea LaFountaine of LaFountaine of Knowledge. Information was sourced, in part, from online. Fonts used include: Londrina Sketch and Londrina Solid by Marcelo Magalhães, Gaegu by Jikji Soft, and Pangolin by Kevin Burke (used with permission under open source licenses.)