Martin Luther King Day CCSS Reader's Theater Toolkit for Grades 4-8
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This All-American Reader's Theater BUNDLE combines FIVE different reader's theater toolkits to help your students learn more about our American history while building fluency, enhancing comprehension, growing vocabulary through context clue word work, and reflecting on text with post-reading writingPrice $12.00Original Price $17.50Save $5.50
- This incredible mega bundle includes a full year's worth of middle grade ELA resources at a significant discount. You get all of the tools you need to offer differentiation through a variety of reading, writing, speaking, listening and word work activities.WRITINGELA made Easy includes several resouPrice $139.00Original Price $268.50Save $129.50
- January is the time where we get our students back on track after a much needed, and well-deserved winter break. Grab your students' attention and get them back to work right away with this perfect Daily 5-inspired BUNDLE. Incorporate read to self, read to someone, listen to reading, word work, anPrice $8.50Original Price $15.50Save $7.00
- A Year of ELA Bundles for Grades 4-7, the perfect Common Core aligned and Daily 5-inspired resource to engage your students for the ENTIRE year. Engage your students with the ideal tools for read to self, read to someone, listen to reading, word work, and writing with this ALL-IN-ONE, MONTHLY-THEMEDPrice $89.00Original Price $171.00Save $82.00
- Reader's Theater for BIG KIDS Collection!Cover your reading literature standards while engaging your students with these high-interest reader's theater scripts and reading literature toolkits for every holiday or classroom occasion. Your students will LOVE the chance to perform while working on fluPrice $39.00Original Price $73.50Save $34.50
This is the perfect resource for sharing information about the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. while working on student fluency, comprehension, vocabulary, and writing. A perfect DAILY 5 resource for any classroom!
This Martin Luther King, Jr. resource includes:
• 6-page, 10-character script
• reader response questions for comprehension
• context clue word work
• journal prompt for writing
• summary organizer
• figurative language work
• an interactive notebook page
• answer key
Estimated Lexile Measure: 820L
Summary: Mr. Garlock, an engaging social studies teacher, wants his students to learn about the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. However, this learning is going to take place with his assistance, but mostly by the sharing of his students' new knowledge through their research and teaching. Your students won't realize all of the information they are absorbing with this high-interest passage.
See the Preview file for a sample of the script!
Check out these other Reader's Theater Toolkits...
• September 11th: Remember the Day! Reader's Theater and Informational Text Toolkit
• Speedy Racer: A Reader's Theater and Reading Literature Toolkit
• St. Patrick's Day Mystery Reader's Theater and Reading Literature Toolkit
• Strega Nona for BIG KIDS Reader's Theater and Reading Literature Tookit
• Thanksgiving Reader's Theater and Reading Literature Toolkit
• The Cafeteria Catastrophe Reader's Theater and Reading Literature Toolkit
• The Day the Colored Pencils Resigned Reader's Theater and Reading Literature Toolkit
• The School Store Reader's Theater and Reading Literature Toolkit
• The Snowball Toss: Winter Reader's Theater and Reading Literature Toolkit
• The Storytelling Princess Reader's Theater and Reading Literature Tookit
• Valentine's Day Reader's Theater and Random Acts of Kindness Toolkit
• Veteran's Day Reader's Theater and Reading Literature Toolkit
I would love your feedback on this product. Also, feel free to FOLLOW me so that you have the chance to find out about any new novel units, reader's theaters, or other language arts materials for the middle grades I create as soon as they are posted.