Martin Luther King, Jr. Teach students about Martin Luther King Jr. with this fun and engaging Mini Unit.
Want this in a year long bundle?
Download Preview File
Please make sure to download the preview file and video video if applicable.
Please ensure that it is appropriate for your grade level prior to purchasing.
This Product Includes:
1. Page 1- Cover Martin Luther King Jr
2. Page 2- Quick facts sheet about Martin Luther King Jr
3. Page 3- "I have a dream," mini book cover Martin Luther King Jr
4. Page 4- Martin Luther King Jr What was Martin's dream? (Activity for book)
5. Page 5-6 What is your dream? Martin Luther King Jr(Boy and girl version, also activity for book)
6. Page 7- "Happy Birthday, Martin Luther King," cover sheet
7. Page 8- Book questions Martin Luther King Jr
8. Page 9- Martin Luther King Birthday GLASSES CRAFT!!! These work best on card stock to ensure durability throughout the school day.
9. Page 10- MLK word search
10. Page 11- MLK and adjectives organizer
11. Page 12- KWL on MLK
12. Page 13-14 100 Chart with hidden picture that says MLK (Answer key included)
13. Page 15- Original MLK poem
14. Page 16- MLK sort- students will cut and paste things that MLK would agree with and things he would not agree with.
15. Page 17- Equality Acrostic Poem
16. Page 18- Hand in Hand craft or written template
17. Page 19- credits
This mini unit on Martin Luther King Jr. will teach children about equality and the accomplishments of Martin Luther King Jr. This unit also uses the book, "Happy Birthday Martin Luther King," to explain how Martin Luther King Jr. helped mold our lives. Included in this mini unit : You do not have to have this book to still enjoy the mini unit!
The following resources are included in this product:
Information sheet, printables, flip book, worksheets, timeline, craft, writing prompt, KWL chart
How to teach this lesson:
You can use this fully designed mini-unit as long as you need, because it includes all of the resources you need to teach it! You can bring in supplemental books and activities, too, as needed!
Resources You May Also Love
Booker T. Washington
George Washington Carver
Henry Box Brown
Lewis and Clark
Lyndon B. Johnson
Martin Luther King Jr.
Social Studies Interactive Notebook - 1st Grade
"We Are" Black History Mini-Unit Bundle
"We Are" Black History Mini-Unit Bundle 2
Black History Month Foldable Books
"I Am" Ruby Bridges Mini-Unit
About Kayse Morris:
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel to stay up to date with the latest TpT fun. If you like the products in our store, make sure to FOLLOW ME by clicking the STAR at the top of my home page. Check out my blog at www.kaysemorris.com. Visit our page on FACEBOOK for exclusive giveaways.
Copyright © Kayse Morris. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip-art and font credits.
Connect with Me!
Kayse Morris on Facebook
Kayse Morris on Instagram
Kayse Morris on Pinterest
Kayse Morris on Youtube
Keywords: Martin Luther King Jr., MLK Jr., MLK, Black History, Black History Month, Civil Rights, Civil Rights Movement, I Have a Dream