Writing and craft activities to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. (MLK). These fun activities are great as independent work, partner /group work, last minute fillers, morning work, or projects to proudly hang in the hall!
Download the preview to get a peak at each page.
1.Acrostic Poems- 2 poems, "Freedom" and "Peace"
2. Describe MLK
3. Martin Luther King KWL chart
4. MLK word search and answer key
5. Extended Thinking- expanding on the word search words. Students will learn about the word "segregation". They will also choose words to write in a sentence about MLK.
6. Writing Activity- "If I Met Martin Luther King".
7. Respectful Actions- 2 pages. The first page is a sort. Students will read social situations and determine if they are respectful or not. On the second page students will write their own examples of a respectful/not respectful situation.
8. I Have a Dream student book- This craft has students brainstorming and writing about their dream to make our world a better place.
9. Making Words- Students will use the letters from the word "Freedom" to create new words.
Please leave a comment/rating if you purchase this product! I really appreciate any feedback!
To make sure you know when I upload new products, click the "follow me" button at the top of my store.