Thank you for your interest in this product! This packet is not a curriculum and is best used as a supplement for Black History. This packet includes activities to help students learn about black historical figure, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Similar products, including bundle deals, can be purchased at my online store, Nike Anderson’s Classroom.
There is no right way to utilize these activities. Feel free to mix and match the ones you’d like to use in your classroom. Eight activities are included to help develop and reinforce the following skills:
1. Reading comprehension
2. Critical thinking
5. Fine motor
****Here’s what’s included:
1. Key terms definition sheet: Practice key terms with your students to help
maximize knowledge retention.
2. Key terms word search: Use this fun activity to help students become familiar with key terms.
3. Coloring activity: Use this activity to reinforce fun facts and help encourage creativity.
4, Reading comprehension activity: Assess mastery of the material using this easy-to-follow reading comprehension and story sequencing activity.
5. Cut and paste activity: Use this activity as a gentle, but fun, way to assess comprehension.
6. Two handwriting activities: These activities are for students who need more handwriting practice (or are early finishers). Younger students may use the tracing activity. Students that need a challenge can use the blank handwriting sheet.
7. Reflection activity: Make the material more meaningful to your students by allowing them to reflect and offer their own opinion. For students that have trouble expressing themselves in written language, use the drawing option!
8. Kinesthetic Activity Game: Add to the fun using this True or False game. This kinesthetic game is a perfect way for students to get those wiggles out and demonstrate what they’ve learned.
9. Answer keys: Use the answer keys at the end of this packet to make your life easier!
Your students will need pencils, coloring supplies, safety scissors, and glue sticks to complete these activities.
You may also like: