Also included in
- Practice important academic skills all year long with these FUN, NO PREP printables and activities! Keep your sanity during stressful holiday times with ready-to-go activities that your students will love!By purchasing this convenient, easy-to-use bundle, you are saving 35% off the price of the indi$39.00$63.00Save $24.00
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is a wonderful opportunity to teach an important part of history and the Civil Rights Movement to intermediate level students! Now includes a digital version for Google Classroom. This engaging, hands-on packet explores Martin Luther King's life, his "I Have a Dream" speech, and his work to make this world a more peaceful, equal place.
Please see the preview above for a better look at the contents of this resource.
The packet is easy to use; simply print and you are ready to go! No centers to create, cutting or laminating to do, or colored ink to worry about!
This engaging, high-interest packet includes:
- Timeline Activity - Students construct a timeline of the major events of Dr. King's life
- Close Read Activity - Using the "I Have a Dream" speech reading passage and Close Read techniques, intermediate level students can have a much better understanding of the meaning of this famous speech (ALL directions included!)
- Digital Version AND Printable Versions
- "I Have a Dream" Writing Activity - Students write a paragraph about their own dream for a better world; includes prewriting organizer and final draft paper
- Coloring Sheets
- Word Search
The digital version includes ready-made Google slides for you to share with your class. The slides are visually appealing and easy to use. They include a drag and drop timeline, writing activity, crossword puzzle, and a close read of Dr. King's famous "I Have a Dream" speech.
You may also be interested in:
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,