"I have a dream"... :)
This is a Martin Luther King Jr. Activity Packet that can be used in a day...or over the course of a few days.It is a wonderful addition to your MLK Day classroom lessons.
I always like to tie literature into my lessons..so I usually read a variety of different Martin Luther King Jr. books from my classroom library to my kiddos...as well as completing a variety of whole class, small group, partner, and individual activities.
* An informational power point slide show of important events in Dr. King's life (Also sold individually in my TPT store)
* timeline cut and paste
* problem/solution activity (individual, partner, or small group)
* fact and opinion sort
* Now and Then Writing Activity
* Now and Then Sort...optional writing
* If I Met Martin Luther King Jr. activity
* 7 different black/white Martin Luther themed letter templates (sold individually in my TPT store)
* simple art/writing activity
I hope that you find this a great addition to your classroom curriculum!
Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day,