Also included in
- Suitable for distance learning. This bundle includes a rhetorical analysis lesson slideshow, along with rhetorical device worksheets. Teach MLK's famous essay while exploring the Rogerian Argument outline, along with Aristotle's Rhetorical Triangle. This assignment, lesson, and worksheet bundle wi$14.10$21.05Save $6.95
This Free MLK activity is suitable for AP Language and Composition and Senior Level English Language Arts, and provides comprehension questions including multiple-choice and short-answer responses for Martin Luther King's "Letter From Birmingham Jail."
ANSWER KEY INCLUDED WITH PARAGRAPH REFERENCES
ASSESS COMPREHENSION AND COMPLETION
PROMOTE CLOSE READING AND ACCOUNTABILITY
How to use this resource:
This resource includes 8 Bell-Ringer questions to accompany Martin Luther King's 40-paragraph essay, "Letter From Birmingham Jail." In the case that you wish to assign the essay in halves, the bell ringers have been divided into two (Paragraphs 1-21 and 22-40). The answers to these questions cannot be found in simple online summaries!
As always, an answer key with all possible responses has been included for your own instruction.
I recommend using this resource in combination with Mondays Made Easy's ROGERIAN ARGUMENT Worksheet | "Letter From Birmingham Jail" and "Letter From Birmingham Jail" Rhetorical Analysis Assignment"! Both of these resources are available through Mondays Made Easy's Rhetorical Analysis UNIT | Martin Luther King's "Letter from Birmingham Jail."
Teaching Advanced Placement Language and Composition or the art of rhetoric? Mondays Made Easy's AP Language and Composition BUNDLE | Rhetoric, Arguments, Expository and MORE! is a great supplementary resource with more comprehensive and engaging activities and lessons to help your AP students reach a 5 of the AP Lang and Comp exam.
⭐ Customer Tip! ⭐
Want FREE CREDIT to go towards purchases? Make sure to offer feedback for your downloads! Follow these instructions below:
- Go to your "My Purchases" page to find a "Provide Feedback" button next to each download.
- Follow this link to offer a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!
- Your feedback is important to me as it helps me to continually improve my products and ensure they are meeting your needs!
You might also be interested in...
- The THESIS STATEMENT Practice BUNDLE | Handouts, Activities, Worksheets + MORE!
- Writing the INFORMATION PARAGRAPH | Complete Lesson, Guided Handout & Worksheets
- Reading GRAPHIC TEXTS | Two Interactive Lessons with Worksheets & Activities
- Developing Main Points BUNDLE | 3 Interactive Lessons with Assessment Included
- Lincoln-Douglas Format | DEBATE OUTLINE For The Secondary Classroom
- George Orwell's 1984: FULL UNIT BUNDLE
- COMPLETE Guide to LITERATURE CIRCLES | Book Clubs for Middle and High School
- OPTIC Strategy GALLERY WALK | Visual Analysis for the Secondary Classroom
- Collaborative WORD WALL | RHETORICAL DEVICES Activity
- BUNDLE | Collaborative WORD WALLS | FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE and Literary Terms
- Zen in the Art of Writing Study and Discussion Guide | Chapter-By-Chapter Q & A
- Zen in the Art of Writing Bell Ringers | 12-Day Chapter-By-Chapter Assessment
- 3 week Creative Writing Prompt Unit | Creative Writing Prompts for High School
Follow me! Be the first to know about product launches, sales, discounts and free giveaways:
For questions, collaborations or other concerns:
✉ Contact me: email@example.com