Celebrate Dr. King’s legacy with this pack designed for second and third grade. Includes the following:
• Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. biography passage written at second grade/third grade reading level. Key vocabulary words in bold. This biography is an ideal springboard to writing about Dr. King.
The same passage is presented in two formats:
1. Appropriate for small group Literacy instruction with an area for students to show evidence of reading strategies – easily adaptable to any strategy you currently are working on.
2. Larger font designed for fluency practice and or a more detailed vocabulary study.
• Multi-Purpose Student Response Page with “I Have A Dream” quote. Room for illustrated portrait and lines to be used for handwriting practice, a letter to Dr. King, response to reading or a place to share dreams for the world.
• 4 Photo Portrait Card. Use for illustration inspiration, making connections with biography, artifacts to better understand Dr. King, the era and struggle for equality.
• 4 different Coloring Page and/or Puzzle template options. Each features a different MLK Jr. quote.
These may also be of interest:
Reading Strategy Homework – Engage in authentic practice! Any level! Any book!
EXPOSITORY, PERSUASIVE AND NARRATIVE Paragraph Prompts BUNDLE: Ideal for testing taking and paragraph writing practice
Two Minute Group Activities: Ideal for Morning Meeting, Brain Breaks and Time Fillers
Classroom Sing Alongs: Songs for Morning Meeting, Brain Breaks and Transitions
Indoor Recess 30+ Activity Cards: Scrap Paper Set
Classroom Management: Lining Up Chants
PLEASE NOTE: I’ve significantly reduced the Additional Users License Fee to make this available for an entire grade level. When you check out, click EDIT next to the word 'Licenses' or the red button "Buy licenses to share'. Add additional licenses to cover your team. You’ll feel good about following TpT rules and be able to divide the overall cost.
Follow me to get notices on sales, freebies and new products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
• Go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase click on the Provide Feedback button. You'll be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. I value your feedback.