Use the ideas and activities in this thematic unit to help students honor Martin Luther King Jr. and his work in the civil rights movement.
This integrated set was created by a team of primary teachers and comes with the following hands-on activities and more:
• Assembling bulletin boards
• Reading and discussing biographies about Martin Luther King Jr. (suggested literature is included)
• Participating in a prejudice simulation activity
• Writing about peace, people who make a difference, and ways to help others
• Making an “I Have a Dream” mobile