Also included in
- This biography bundle has 36 activity packs about Famous People in History. Your students will love learning about all these influential and inspirational people while completing these fun activities! Each biography unit has reading passages, hands-on activities, and vocabulary to learn all about th$89.95$170.00Save $80.05
- This Flip Book Super Bundle has flip books to celebrate 14 holidays throughout the school year! Your students will love learning all about these fun and fabulous holidays.These units include many interactive activities and learning opportunities for students such as reading passages, vocabulary pos$45.95$68.00Save $22.05
- Celebrate Black History Month by learning about these six influential and inspirational people. Non-fiction reading passages, comprehension questions, vocabulary posters, and hands-on activities are included for each unit.With Information About:Martin Luther King Jr. UnitRosa Parks UnitJackie Robins$15.00$29.00Save $14.00
Martin Luther King Jr. dedicated his life to making the world a better place for everyone! Martin Luther King Jr. was one of the greatest civil rights leaders and one of the most influential people in American history.
- Reading passages about Dr. King’s life:
- Meet Martin Luther King Jr.
- Mini-booklet with timeline
- Martin Luther King Jr. Organizers (2)
- Vocabulary Posters
- Vocabulary Flip Flaps
- 6 Page Martin Luther King Jr. Flipbook
There are three main activities:
Introduce the vocabulary words with the real-life photo posters included. You could post these posters around the classroom and have students travel around to match up and define the words in their flip-flaps or use them as a center activity.
Next, have students read the passages where they will meet Martin Luther King Jr. and learn about his life. Articles are written in a kid-friendly format with comprehension questions to check for understanding.
Have students complete the Mystery Flaps and the 6-page Flipbook. I usually have them do one page at each center or station. They can use the articles as a reference source to help them complete the pages of the booklet. Lastly, they cut, color, and assemble the booklet. Flipbooks can be glued or stapled inside their interactive notebooks, file folder, or a 12 x 18 piece of construction paper folded like a book cover.
*The organizers included in this activity pack are the same ones that are sold separately in my store.
Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day this year with this hands-on activity pack!
JUST FOR YOU!! To assess the quality and see the style of my work please check out these two FREE activity packs by clicking below:
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER to gain access to our FREE Library of Classroom Resources, special giveaways, and to see our products in action!
***Please know that I spend a lot of time researching, creating, writing, and proofreading my work but even after several revisions there may still be a typo or grammatical error. Please let me know if you find a typo or feel that a correction is needed. Just click on the Ask a Question section or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org versus leaving negative feedback so that I can fix it as soon as possible. I value your input to make my products the highest quality possible. Thank you in advance for your help and support!
Copyright © Heart 2 Heart Teaching LLC. All rights reserved. This file is intended for classroom and personal use only. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
**You may print for your personal, classroom use, and non-commercial use only.
**Clipart, graphics, photographs, found inside this product are copyrighted. They may not be extracted from this file without written permission from the original artist(s).