PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Celebrate MLK Day and Black History Month with this fun-filled unit! Your students will have the opportunity to explore this important historical figure with hands-on activities, crafts, writing pages, a mini book and much more!
1. Recommended Book List
2. "A Great Leader" Class Book
3. "A Great Leader" Student Mini Book
4. Fact vs. Opinion
5. Word Cards
6. ABC Order
7. MLK Symbols Spin & Graph
8. "What Does It Mean?" Vocabulary Printable
9. All About MLK poster
10. I Can Describe MLK
11. Journal page with prompt
12. My Dream for Our World drawing activity
13. MLK and Me Venn Diagram
14. Graphic Organizer: KWL Chart
15. Graphic Organizer: Was, Had, Wanted
16. "If I Were There.." picture and writing prompt
17. MLK Mobile Craft with templates
18. Teaching Diversity on MLK Day: Egg Activity
19. Egg Activity Observation printable
20. Skin Color Shades art activity
21. My Skin Color printable
22. The Crayon Box that Talked: Classroom Activity with templates
23. Our Colorful World Printable
Perfect for grades K-2nd! For Kindergarten students, some printables may require a more guided instruction approach. First and second grade students will be able to complete printables more independently. Please download our preview for a closer look into this unit. Enjoy!
Connect with us!