Martin Luther King Jr Trivia and Facts. Who doesn't like trivia? Classroom trivia is a fun way to engage your students.
Included in this 30-page slideshow are five trivia questions, trivia options, answers with interesting facts, and more about MLK Jr. Day.
The Five Trivia Questions Are:
1. Martin Luther King Jr. Day is always held on the ___ (number) ___ (day of week) in January.
2. On December 1, 1955, who refused to give up her seat to a white person on a Montgomery, Alabama city bus?
3. On August 28, 1963, Martin Luther King Jr. and his supporters made their historic march on Washington. The march, in the shadows of the Lincoln Memorial, drew more than 250,000 people. It was here where King made his famous speech. What was this speech known as?
4. What notable award did Martin Luther King Jr. receive in 1964 as a result of all of his efforts to promote equality and civil rights?
5. In 1968, King intended to revive his movement through an interracial “Poor People’s March” on Washington, but on April 4 he was assassinated in Memphis, Tennessee just a few weeks before the demonstration was scheduled to begin. Who assassinated Martin Luther King Jr.?
Included in this product is:
- 30-page PDF Slideshow
- Recording Sheet
You can have your students do this as an entire class presentation or you can print off the 30 slides, bind them together, and use as a station.
For each question, students have an opportunity to guess the correct answer and earn 50 points or get some help with options and earn 25 points. In the end, students will add up their points to determine what role they will play in the MLK Jr. parade.
This is a great 20-30 minute activity to use as a brain break in your classroom!
Download our preview for more details!
Check out our other fun Trivia Games!
Cinco de Mayo Trivia
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Trivia Puzzle
Mother’s Day Trivia
Sport Star Nickname Trivia
Valentine’s Day Trivia
Veteran’s Day Trivia and Facts Slideshow Activity
Word Trivia 1
Word Trivia 2
Word Trivia 3
Visit Our Wise Guys Store
Copyright ©Wise Guys. All rights reserved by author. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clip art and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom or personal use ONLY.