Martin Luther King Jr. Day Word Search & Crossword Puzzles - Digital & Printable
Also included in
- Teach your students about American holidays celebrated in January and February with this bundle of 4 resources! There are word searches and crossword puzzles for New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Valentine’s Day, and Presidents Day. Each resource includes 3 word search puzzles and 1 crossworPrice $11.20Original Price $14.00Save $2.80
- These holiday word search and crossword puzzles help you teach your students about 19 Federal and other American holidays. Each resource in this bundle includes 3 word search puzzles at different levels of difficulty and 1 crossword puzzle with a word bank; print and digital versions of all puzzlesPrice $50.50Original Price $63.25Save $12.75
Teach your students about Martin Luther King Day with these word search and crossword puzzles. All 4 puzzles, which come in both Printable and Digital versions, use 20 words related to the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. Please see below for a list of the words.
✓ Please note:
* A Boom Learning℠ resource with the same vocabulary words about Martin Luther King Day can be found HERE.
* A money-saving bundle of 4 January and February holiday word search and crossword puzzles includes this resource, which you can find HERE.
* This Martin Luther King Day resource is also included in another big, money-saving bundle with word searches & crossword puzzles about 19 American holidays. You can find the bundle HERE.
Resource at a Glance:
* 20 vocabulary words about the life and legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr.
* All students but especially English Language Learners who are not familiar with Martin Luther King Day.
* Use it to introduce lessons about Martin Luther King or the Civil Rights movement or to extend learning during Black History Month.
* Puzzles can be used for homework, in centers, as fillers, and for early finishers.
* Printable and Digital versions mean it can be used both with in-person classes and distance teaching.
* The Digital version lets students practice some technology skills.
What an educator who has used this resource says about it:
♥ "My students enjoyed this as an enrichment activity." -- Crystal H.
What you get in this product:
★ A list of materials in the PDF and Google Drive™ files (1 page)
★ Notes to the Teacher (explanatory information for teachers) (1 page)
★ Instructions for accessing the Google Drive™ materials (1 page)
★ Instructions for doing the online versions of the puzzles (4 pages)
★ 3 word search puzzles with answer keys (6 pages)
★ Word bank for the crossword puzzle (1 page)
★ 1 crossword puzzle with answer key (2 pages)
★ Copyright, related products, social media, and credits information (1 page)
★ Cover page (1 page)
★ Instructions for doing the online versions of the puzzles (4 slides)
★ 3 word search puzzles with answer keys (6 slides)
★ Word bank for the crossword puzzle (1 slide)
★ 1 crossword puzzle with answer key (2 slides)
★ Cover page (1 slide)
The word searches are available at 3 levels of difficulty, based on the direction the words are written in the puzzle, so they can meet the needs of all your students, including English Language Learners. Answer keys are provided for all the puzzles. In addition, there is a word bank for the crossword puzzle for students who need additional support.
The words used in the puzzles are: Assassinated, Birmingham, Birthday, Boycott, Bus, Church, Civil rights, Dream, Gandhi, Jail, January, March, Martyr, Minister, Nobel Peace Prize, Nonviolence, Racism, Segregation, Speech, Tennessee.
Here are some suggestions for using this resource:
★ For words that may be new, you can have your students find their definitions and use those words in sentences.
★ Students can also draw pictures that illustrate the words to show their understanding.
★ More proficient students can write paragraphs or stories that include some of the words.
★ Extend your students’ learning by having them record their sentences or stories online, for speaking and technology practice.
★ Ask your students to group the words into a few categories, such as people and places, and then explain why they classified the words that way.
Both Print and Google Drive™ versions are provided for all the puzzles. The PDF file includes teacher notes, instructions for accessing the online materials, instructions for completing the puzzles as well as all the word searches and the crossword puzzle with their answer keys and word bank. The Google Drive™ materials include directions for using the materials, the word search puzzles and the crossword puzzle, the word bank, and the answer keys for the puzzles.
You can use this resource remotely in 2 ways:
a) When teaching synchronously or asynchronously online, use the Google Drive version.
b) For students to do on their own: Photocopy the puzzle(s) you want your students to do and the appropriate answer key (if you want students to correct their work themselves) and email/send the material home. Alternatively, if students have printers, email the puzzle(s) to them and tell them to print the work out themselves. Tell students what to do and have them email/send you their work when they’ve completed the puzzle(s). Use the rubric to correct the work if you prefer doing that yourself.
Help your students learn about Martin Luther King Day with these puzzles!
You might also like these products:
If you would like to receive updates about my new products, please click HERE or on the star by my store name at the top of your screen.
You can earn TpT credits that reduce the cost of your future purchases by giving feedback about this product. Just click on the "Comments & Ratings" tab after downloading to leave a comment and a rating. It's that easy!
Thank you and happy teaching!
© 2015 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Google Drive is a trademark of Google Inc. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with Google, Inc.
Common Core Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. Any claims of correlation or alignment to the CCSS Standards are solely those of The ESL Nexus and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the NGA. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS standards.