~ MLK Day~ Black History ~ Civil Rights ~
~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Day ~
Martin Luther King Day activity pages appropriate for Black History Month or any unit or lesson on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
This is a readers’ theater biography for grades 3 through 6. This resource will assist your students with fluency/expression reading practice, identifying character traits and justifying with evidence from the text, and sequencing events in a timeline (Dates used throughout to help with the timeline).
Includes text by Not So Typical Teacher
RI3.1 RI3.3 RI4.1 RI4.3 RI5.1
Included in this set are:
* extensively researched, 32 page readers’ theater biography script, following King from birth to death
* 22 speaking parts
* character traits page for both Martin and Coretta King
* character traits list page to assist in the character traits page
* timeline boxes with dates and events
* blank timeline boxes for use in the creation of a timeline - This can be adapted for students as the teacher decides how many events the students need on their individual timelines.
* Fast Facts page - biography graphic organizer
* Who Did What? - Students read the event/activity and decide who the clue describes.
* map showing where important events took place
grades 4, 5, 6, and advanced 3rd
Check out these other resources from the Not So Typical Teacher!
Black History Month mini unit with biographies, comprehension question pages, and interactive notebook pages
Black History Month Mini Unit
This collection includes each individual biography for Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, Martin Luther King, Jr., Booker T. Washington, and Sojourner Truth. As a bonus, you'll also get interactive notebook components and compare/contrast sheet.
Saint Valentine Close Read with informational passage and comprehension questions
What's the Point of View resource that includes posters and interactive notebook pages to support CCSS RL4.6
What's the Point of View?
Need your student to set goals and track progress? See my Student Binder Tracking Tools:
Student Data Binder
Any questions or concerns about this resource? Contact the Not So Typical Teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org.