PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
MLK Day is celebrated on the third Monday in January.
Celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday and encourage your student's own dreams with this original poem and the accompanying activities. These activities are perfect for learning about the holiday and the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in an elementary school classroom.
This packet includes the following:
* Suggestions for use
* Dr. King’s Dream (an original poem)
* I dream of a better life…(K-1 Stationery)
* I dream of a better life…(2–5 Stationery)
* Large Vocabulary Cards
* Small Vocabulary Cards
* Vocabulary Definitions
* Dr. King Day ABC Order
* Dr. King Day Vocabulary Investigation
* Dr. King Day Word Search (easy version) with Answer Key
* Dr. King Day Word Search (challenging version) with Answer Key
* Dr. King Day Fill in the Blank with Answer Key
Use the poem as part of your poem of the week program or to supplement your Social Studies curriculum. Have your students write about their own dreams on the special stationery I've included. The vocabulary, word search, and fill in the blank (cloze) activities will keep your students engaged and learning during your center or independent work time. You may also choose to include these activities during your Black History Month celebrations or during a biography book study.
If you enjoy this activity, you may also be interested in these: