As your students learn about op-ed/opinion editorials, why not include some valuable history and teach about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and his Letter from Birmingham Jail? Students can put themselves into the shoes of a 1963 reporter and write their opinions about the times.
Included in this resource:
• A printable booklet summarizing the reason for the Letter From Birmingham Jail in an easy to understand, perfect for grade school format.
• Comprehension questions in the back of the book to check for understanding
• An anchor chart explaining the parts of an Op-ed
• A handy prompt to direct instruction
• A 2-page prewriting graphic organizer
• 2 individual checklists for students to self-check (Revising the Draft and Editing Checklist)
• A handy rubric
Additional Recommended Resources
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Word Wall
Transition Words for Writing
Hook The Reader: How to Write Strong Leads
Click Here To Follow Me and Be First to Know When Sales Are Coming!