This Martin Luther King, Jr. Unit & Activities for Middle School students is a great way to honor and remember Martin Luther King, Jr. by studying one of his most famous speeches - "I Have A Dream." With these activities students delve further into the content and practice critical thinking skills. This unit covers a wide array of the Common Core State Standards, all while keeping student engaged and having fun. We hope you enjoy!
An excellent PRINT & TEACH unit to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!
*Please note, you can use this unit over the course of a few days or for an entire week. It completely depends on your classroom pacing.
INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT:
- MLK Background Information
- Vocabulary Preview Activity
- Teacher Notes to help you teach this speech effectively
- Figurative Language Deciphering Activity
- Understanding Setting & Your Dream Activity
- Analyzing Persuasion (ethos, pathos, logos, and charged words)
- Discussion Questions (student handout & task cards included)
- Essay Question & Rubric
- Five-Paragraph Essay Graphic Organizer
*PLEASE NOTE: Due to copyright law, this resource DOES NOT include the text for the "I Have A Dream" speech.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for sales and all things Middle School ELA!