This Martin Luther King, Jr. Unit & Activities for Middle School students is a great way to honor and remember Martin Luther King, Jr. by studying one of his most famous speeches - "I Have A Dream." With these activities students delve further into the content and practice critical thinking skills. This unit covers a wide array of the Common Core State Standards, all while keeping student engaged and having fun. We hope you enjoy!
An excellent PRINT & TEACH unit to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!
*Please note, you can use this unit over the course of a few days or for an entire week. It completely depends on your classroom pacing.
INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT:
- MLK Background Information
- Vocabulary Preview Activity
- Teacher Notes to help you teach this speech effectively
- Figurative Language Deciphering Activity and Answer Key
- Understanding Setting & Your Dream Activity
- Analyzing Persuasion (ethos, pathos, logos, and charged words)
- Discussion Questions (student handout & task cards included)
- Essay Question & Rubric
- Five-Paragraph Essay Graphic Organizer
*PLEASE NOTE: Due to copyright law, this resource DOES NOT include the text for the "I Have A Dream" speech.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for sales and all things Middle School ELA!
Also, make sure to follow us to be notified when we upload new resources! We always do a special discount when we release a new resource, so it pays to follow us!