Civil Rights Movement. Black History Month. Martin Luther King, Jr., I Have a Dream Speech, Art Project.
This is a highly-engaging project that I use with my students to study the "I Have a Dream" speech. Many students really enjoy the discussions as this project honors Dr. King's speech and life. Students listen to the speech, and choose the most inspirational part of the speech that they want to show visually. Students can be creative with how they show the quote, but then they present their quote and why they chose it to the class.
Included in this project:
- Text for students to follow
- Link to Audio of the "I Have a Dream" speech
- Teacher Directions for Visual Project
- Student Directions for Visual Project
- Rubric for easy grading!
See the pictures in the preview for examples of student work! This is a very engaging way to study and discuss the impact of Dr. Martin Luther King's speech.
Get the whole INTERACTIVE and ENGAGING Civil Rights Unit HERE, and SAVE big money!
Individual Products from this unit include:
1. Civil Rights 30 DBQ Bellringers Warm Ups Mega-Pack
2. Civil Rights Movement - Journey Through Life Notes - SUPER ENGAGING INTERACTIVE NOTES!
3. Jim Crow Laws Photo Assessment
4. Montgomery Bus Boycott & Rosa Parks Skit and Option Project
5. Civil Rights Leaders and Activists Notes - VERY ENGAGING POWERPOINT with COOPERATIVE LEARNING!
6. Martin Luther King, Jr. "I Have a Dream" Visual Expression Project
7. Loving Movie Worksheet
8. FUN Stations Activity where students analyze 10 Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes!
9. 1965 Alabama Voting Simulation - "Would you be able to vote?" - 1st person POINT OF VIEW learning!
10. Voting Rights Act of 1965 Reading Activity
11. Civil Rights Movement Comic Strip Project
12. 40 HIGHLY VISUAL Civil Rights Task Cards with a Cooperative Learning Option!
13. Civil Rights Movement FUN Review Games! - includes THE WALL Card Game based on the TV Show, Four Corners of Fun, and The Bids!
14. Civil Rights Movement Unit Test with Study Guide - Relevant, Real-World Assessment
15. Civil Rights Movement 5 Highly Visual DBQ Primary Sources
I hope that you enjoy these activities! Please remember to follow Playing With History on Teachers Pay Teachers, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for giveaways and news on new products and updates! Please rate for your TpT credits!