This lapbook will make a great interactive learning tool and research organizer for your students as they study the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
The following is included with this resource:
1. An introduction on using lapbooks in the classroom
2. A Teacher's Guide for the lapbook
3. Photos of an assembled MLK lapbook
4. Lapbook Tips
1. A Lapbook Title Page
2. “Kindness Cards” Pocket: There are 3 different sets of Kindness Cards included (with instructions) so teachers have options on how to use them in the lapbook.
3. Civil Rights Vocabulary Pocket: 8 cards are included with definitions; 8 without definitions for teachers who prefer students to research word meanings on their own; eight blank cards for adding vocabulary of your choice
4. Interactive Martin Luther King, Jr. Time Line: Students are to research important dates in Martin Luther King, Jr.’s life and glue each flap on the correct date. (answer key included)
5. Learning About Martin Luther King, Jr. Mini-Book: As students research Martin Luther King, Jr.’s CHILDHOOD, the CHALLENGES he faced, the CHOICES he made, and the CHANGE he helped bring about, they write information on these topics.
6. Interesting Facts Accordion: Students write the most interesting facts they learned about Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. Then and Now Flip Flap Book: Students compare life in the world during Martin Luther King, Jr.’s generation to life in the world today.
8. Thoughts, Words, Actions Petal Book: As students research and learn about Martin Luther King, Jr., they write his thoughts, words and actions.
9. I Have a Dream Writing Activity: Students write a short summary of their dream.
~For personal and single classroom use only.~