Celebrate and honor Dr. Martin Luther King while having fun Monday - Friday! Send home at the end of the week to parents. This 33 page packet is organized into groups of “Fives” so that you can use these literacy and thinking activities interchangeably Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Includes a list of read alouds (not needed for lessons, but great to have as mentor texts!)
• 5 Daily Notable Quotes
• 5 Daily Writing Prompts
• 5 Cloze Activities and Answer Keys
• 5 Fun Activities:
– Dr. King Vocabulary Word Find
– Dr. King Life Events Matching
– List of Read Alouds for the week
– Dr. King “DREAM” Acrostic Poem
– Happy Birthday Cake Random Act of Kindness Pledge
I recently used this again in my classroom and was so proud of my students and their responses to the writing prompts!
List of suggested read alouds for the week!