Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Please see the bundle preview and a freebie “I Have a Dream” quote.
Every year I’m inspired again by Dr. King’s sayings. Using a quote to discuss figurative language and character development has been a great way to use integrated subjects in social studies and science.
Each prompt includes:
• Formal poster
• Print friendly version (perfect for reduced sized in Interactive Note Books)
• Prewrite graphic organizer
• Prompt with sentence level cues
• Large prompt with paragraph cues
• Quote with writing space
• Quote with illustration space
• Extra publishing paper
1. Class Discussion - Place the full page poster on chart paper and conduct a class discussion prior to writing.
2. Post-it Ideas - Use 3 colors of post-it notes for students interacting with the three questions found in the graphic organizer.
3. Large Poster These are great classroom reminders, hall way encouragement, or centerpieces for final draft bulletin boards. After completing the post-it activity, choose the best ideas to make a whole-class poster. Include the student’s name who suggested the idea. Bonus: This allows students with special needs to participate, even if their post-it said, “he ment be susexfil”
4. Writing About Character Quotes Each prompt includes a formal grayscale poster; print friendly poster; prewrite graphic organizer; organizer with sentence level cues; large prompt with paragraph cues for essay writing; quote with writing space; quote with illustration space and extra writing paper.
5. Differentiation Print various versions of the quote for different students. Students learning cursive may appreciate the lined paper. Students who lack organization benefit from the three paragraph starters.
6. Mini Posters - Print the poster size multiple times on one page. The small posters are great for interactive notebooks. Students make a web of ideas coming from the mini-poster; use it for the rough draft; or have students make their own ways to interact with the quote.
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes BUNDLE
• Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.
• The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education
• The time is always right to do what is right.
• Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'
• Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
• In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
• NEW – Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Many thanks to these creative talents:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mad-Clips-Factory http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Super-Power http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Krista-Wallden (creative clips)
http://openclipart.org/; http://frompond.blogspot.com/; http://www.raggedyscrappin.com/
https://www.wikipedia.org/ (public domain)
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!