Martin Luther King, Jr. Reading & Writing Lessons DIGITAL and PRINT
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This January Reading & Writing Activities Bundle for your middle school students includes our FOUR January resources (and will be updated with any future January resources we create)! This bundle will save you 25%! Includes over 65 pages of content for your classroom!JANUARY RESOURCES INCLUDED IPrice $14.50Original Price $19.00Save $4.50
- This year-long reading and writing bundle includes 24 RESOURCES/ACTIVITIES - THAT'S OVER 500+ PAGES of quality, engaging reading and writing content that incorporates all of the big holidays! This bundle will take you from August/September all the way through to May/June!!WHEN YOU PURCHASE THIS BUNDPrice $90.00Original Price $129.25Save $39.25
This Digital and Print Martin Luther King, Jr. Unit for middle school students is a meaningful way to honor and remember Martin Luther King, Jr. by studying one of his most famous speeches - "I Have A Dream." With these lessons, students delve further into the content and practice critical thinking skills. This unit covers a wide array of the Common Core State Standards, all while keeping students engaged and learning.
INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Background Information
- Vocabulary Preview
- Teacher Notes to help you teach this speech effectively
- Deciphering Figurative Language
- Understanding Setting & Your Dream Activity
- Analyzing Persuasion (ethos, pathos, logos, and charged words)
- Discussion Question Cards
- Essay Question & Rubric
- Five-Paragraph Essay Graphic Organizer
*PLEASE NOTE: Due to copyright law, this resource DOES NOT include the text for the "I Have A Dream" speech.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for sales and all things Middle School ELA!
Also, make sure to follow us to be notified when we upload new resources! We always do a special discount when we release a new resource, so it pays to follow us!