Martin Luther King, Jr. Reading & Writing Lessons DIGITAL and PRINT
Also included in
- This January Reading & Writing Activities Bundle for your middle school students includes our FOUR January resources (and will be updated with any future January resources we create)! This bundle will save you 25%! Includes over 65 pages of content for your classroom!JANUARY RESOURCES INCLUDED IPrice $14.50Original Price $19.00Save $4.50
- This year-long reading and writing bundle includes 24 RESOURCES/ACTIVITIES - THAT'S OVER 500+ PAGES of quality, engaging reading and writing content that incorporates all of the big holidays! This bundle will take you from August/September all the way through to May/June!!WHEN YOU PURCHASE THIS BUNDPrice $90.00Original Price $129.25Save $39.25
This Digital and Print Martin Luther King, Jr. Unit for middle school students is a meaningful way to honor and remember Martin Luther King, Jr. by studying one of his most famous speeches - "I Have A Dream." With these lessons, students delve further into the content and practice critical thinking skills. This unit covers a wide array of the Common Core State Standards, all while keeping students engaged and learning.
INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Background Information
- Vocabulary Preview
- Teacher Notes to help you teach this speech effectively
- Deciphering Figurative Language
- Understanding Setting & Your Dream Activity
- Analyzing Persuasion (ethos, pathos, logos, and charged words)
- Discussion Question Cards
- Essay Question & Rubric
- Five-Paragraph Essay Graphic Organizer
*PLEASE NOTE: Due to copyright law, this resource DOES NOT include the text for the "I Have A Dream" speech.