Martin Luther King Jr. STEM Activity with Reading Passage | MLK Activities
Also included in
- Go full STEAM ahead with this year-long bundle! Foster the five c's in your classroom. This includes creativity, collaboration, communication, citizenship, and critical thinking. Your students will love learning about relevant content. This STEM bundle (or STEAM bundle) is helpful for STEM/STEAM FriPrice $59.97Original Price $116.24Save $56.27
- January STEAM activities are the perfect way to keep your students engaged in learning! Each lesson is differentiated to meet the needs of most elementary students. STEAM is STEM with the arts! Each lesson includes the arts! This bundle includes:Winter STEM - This is my #1 best selling STEM resourcePrice $10.00Original Price $15.50Save $5.50
Celebrate the life of Dr. King with this engaging Martin Luther King Jr. STEM Activity. Students will learn about the March on Washington through reading and research. Then, they'll create a 3D map of the march. Spark critical thinking with this inspiring lesson about civil rights.
I've included tons in this resource, and don't expect you to use everything. I did this so that you'll have an opportunity to pick and choose what works best for you and your students.
- 5E lesson plan
- extra resources (websites, book recommendations, videos)
- reading passage with comprehension questions
- answer key
- optional booklet
- STEM planning page
- reflection sheet
- teacher background information (includes pictures and tips)
Students will create a 3D model of Washington. Then they'll navigate Dr. King through the map using only a magnet to replicate the March on Washington.
- variety of colored paper
- one ruler
- one craft stick
- markers and/or crayons
- one magnet
- paperclips, brass brads, and/or safety pins
Let's get connected! Click the STAR to receive notifications whenever I post new resources for 50% off AND my monthly newsletters! Get even more tips, FREEBIES, and coaching from Simply STEAM on social media!